Inspired by Karen Wang Diggs’ recipe from her book Happy Foods.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Burdock Root Powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup sprouted walnuts
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat and add the coconut oil. Add onions and sauté for about one minute.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, Burdock Root Powder, thyme, sage and tamari.
- Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender.
- When cooled slightly, transfer mixture to a food processor. Add walnuts, 1/3 cup olive oil and lemon juice. Puree until smooth. (Add a bit more olive oil if mixture seems to dry).
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on toast points or with your favorite crackers.