Serve this delicious vegetarian Mushroom-Burdock Pâté with crackers or try it as a sandwich spread! Adding Burdock Root Powder to this Pâté adds nutritional substance! Burdock root is perhaps the primary food on the planet for detoxification.
Inspired by Karen Wang Diggs’ recipe from her book Happy Foods.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Burdock Root Powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup sprouted walnuts
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat and add the coconut oil. Add onions and sauté for about one minute.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, Burdock Root Powder, thyme, sage and tamari.
- Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender.
- When cooled slightly, transfer mixture to a food processor. Add walnuts, 1/3 cup olive oil and lemon juice. Puree until smooth. (Add a bit more olive oil if mixture seems to dry).
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on toast points or with your favorite crackers.