- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond butter plus ¼ c. almond butter, divided
- 1/3 cup Dr. Cowan’s Garden Winter Squash Powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-pan muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and 1/3 cup almond butter until fully combined.
- Sift together the Squash Powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and add to the wet ingredients. Mix well and fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of batter to the bottom of each muffin cup. Add a teaspoon of almond butter to the center of each muffin. Divide the remaining batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about a half hour before eating.
Also in Breads and Muffins