The surprising addition of Kale Powder imparts a subtle roasted-coffee flavor to this barely sweet snack or breakfast food. It's perfect slathered with raw honey, which adds even more vitamins, minerals and enzymes to this already nutritious bread.
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Dr. Cowan's Garden Kale Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the inside of a loaf pan and dust with almond flour.
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, cacao powder and Kale Powder.
- Pulse in salt and baking soda.
- Pulse in eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, till the center springs back when touched. Let cool before slicing.