- 2 cups emmer flour (emmer is an ancient wheat high in protein; spelt or whole-wheat flour can be substituted)
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Three-Beet Powder
- 1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Threefold Blend Powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Heavy cream (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 over-ripe banana, cut into small chunks
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Butter, jam or maple syrup to taste
- Mix together the emmer flour and Beet and Threefold Blend powders. Add the yogurt and water and stir gently to combine completely. Cover with a towel and leave out overnight.
In the morning, add the baking soda, salt, melted butter, egg, blueberries and banana to the batter. Stir to combine completely. If too thick, add heavy cream (or water) as needed.
In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat until hot. Turn heat to medium-low. Spoon large dollops of batter into the pan and simmer until brown on both sides and cooked through.
Serve with additional yogurt, butter, jam or maple syrup.