- 2 cups emmer flour (emmer is an ancient wheat high in protein; spelt or whole-wheat flour can be substituted)
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Three-Beet Powder
- 1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Threefold Blend Powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Heavy cream (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 over-ripe banana, cut into small chunks
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Butter, jam or maple syrup to taste
- Mix together the emmer flour and Beet and Threefold Blend powders. Add the yogurt and water and stir gently to combine completely. Cover with a towel and leave out overnight.
- In the morning, add the baking soda, salt, melted butter, egg, blueberries and banana to the batter. Stir to combine completely. If too thick, add heavy cream (or water) as needed.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat until hot. Turn heat to medium-low. Spoon large dollops of batter into the pan and simmer until brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve with additional yogurt, butter, jam or maple syrup.