Recipe from Jessi's Kitchen
- 1 cup creamy almond butter, preferably sprouted
- 1 cup coconut sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole pastured egg
- 1 pastured egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger, freshly ground, if possible
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond butter and sugar in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and mix. Then add the ginger, Turmeric Powder, nutmeg, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Add the shredded coconut and pecans and mix thoroughly. Batter will be thick but not crumbly. (If crumbly, mix the batter a little longer).
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough and place on baking sheet. Slightly flatten the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.