- 3 small zucchini, diced
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 cup coarsely grated raw-cheddar cheese
- Coconut oil, butter or good-quality lard
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 pastured eggs, well-beaten
- 1 tsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Threefold Blend
- 1 tsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Kale Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Tomato Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the insides of the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil, butter or lard.
- Heat more coconut oil, butter or lard in a cast-iron skillet. When hot, add the chopped leeks and zucchini, and sauté till soft. Add the oregano and dried basil, as well as salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Divide the cooked zucchini-leek mixture among the muffin cups. Top with a generous tablespoon of the grated cheese.
- In a large bowl, add the cream. Break the eggs into another bowl, and whisk into the eggs the three powders. Add the eggs a little at a time to the cream, stirring each time till well-blended.
- Fill each muffin cup with the egg-cream mixture, leaving about a quarter-teaspoon from the top. Bake about 30 minutes until Zucchini Cups are firm and golden.