- 400 grams all-purpose flour or pasta flour
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams sourdough starter (use a little extra if your eggs are small). Make sure the starter is active and has been fed within the past 24 hours.
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Three-Beet Powder
- In a bowl, add the flour and Three-Beet Powder. Stir until blended.
- Make a small well in the middle of the flour and add the eggs and sourdough starter.
- With a fork or spoon, stir to combine into a “shaggy” mass of dough. Turn out onto a clean work surface.
- Knead the dough by pressing firmly with your palm and folding over the top. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth and almost glossy.
- Let the dough sit on your countertop for at least two hours, then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough until very thin and cut into long, fettuccini-style strips. Alternatively, use a pasta maker.
- Hang pasta strips on a rack until dry.
- Cook in salted water till done.