Gluten Free Gnocchi
- 2 lbs russet, red or other starchy potato, peeled and chopped
1 cup Dr. Cowan’s Garden Organic Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup yoghurt whey
- 2 tbsp butter
- Cheese for topping
- In a large saucepan with salted water, boil the potatoes until very soft. Strain and set aside in a heat proof bowl and allow them to cool.
- Once cooled whisk the eggs together with the yoghurt whey. Drizzle the mixture into the potatoes and mash thoroughly until very smooth.
- Add the Gluten-Free flour and stir until combined. The mixture should be roll in your dry hands without clumping or sticking.
- Shape into long rolls and then cut into thumb size pieces and place into refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a large saucepan with salted boiling water add the gnocchi in small batches and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender but firm. Strain and add the butter and cheese. Serve warm.
More from: Main Dishes