Want to get dinner on the table pronto? If so, bookmark this recipe. You’ll be surprised at what you can do with four essential ingredients, a sprinkling of seasonings and some oil. This no-frills meal is relatively quick to make, tastes delicious, and it can be tweaked to suit most taste buds.
Any type of pasta works well in this recipe; I particularly like the multi-colored pasta made with spinach and tomatoes. The same goes for your favorite type of olives: Manzanilla, Castelvetrano, or Kalamata, canned or fresh, pitted or stuffed; whichever you pick, they’re all great choices and fit for the job. Capers are also a good substitute if you don’t want to use olives, although I find them substantially saltier.
Depending on how much time you have, you can slice or dice your olives and tomatoes, or blitz them for a few seconds in a blender; either way works. After the olives and sun-dried tomatoes have been chopped, dice the feta or crumble it in between your fingers, add it to the bowl of cooked pasta, drizzle with pumpkin seed oil dressing, stir, and serve.
The tangy richness of sundried tomatoes, coupled with the saltiness of the feta, is a heavenly combination. A touch of seasoning and a dose of Pumpkin seed oil or other oil of your choice is all you need to add the finishing touch to this simple, but tasty meal.
Mediterranean Pasta Bowl
1 cup cooked pasta per person
- 1 packet of feta cheese (200g)
- 1/2 cup (approximately 10-12) sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
Up to 1/2 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pepper Salt
tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Threefold Blend Powder (Savory)
cup (6-7 Tbsp.) Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Cook and drain pasta and add to a bowl.
- Chop the olives and sundried tomatoes and crumble the feta.
- Add these ingredients to the bowl of pasta.
- Pour Pumpkin Seed Oil into a separate small bowl, add Pepper Salt and Threefold Blend Powder, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture, stir, and serve.