- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup Dr. Cowan's Garden Winter Squash Powder
- 2 Tbsp tapioca starch or arrowroot powder or coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves, rounded
- 2 pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic molasses
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Winter Squash Powder, tapioca starch (or substitute), coconut sugar, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, molasses and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine thoroughly. If batter seems too thin, let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Use a spoon to scoop out about 1 tablespoon of dough, Form into balls and place on baking sheet about two inches apart. Sprinkle tops with additional sweetener or sprinkles, if desired (we used maple flakes).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
Also in Snacks and Desserts