- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup creamy cashew or almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Three-Beet Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Glaze (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add the banana and avocado to a food processor and blend till smooth.
- Add the nut butter and blend again to incorporate.
- Add the maple syrup, cocoa powder and baking soda. Blend again.
- Pour the batter into a medium bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set and a toothpick or small knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool.
- To make the glaze, whisk the coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup together in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled brownies.
Also in Snacks and Desserts