Burdock Root Gravy
- 4 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour or arrowroot flour (you might need slightly more)
- 2 Tbsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Burdock Root Powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in tapioca flour and cook while whisking frequently for several minutes.
- Add Burdock Root Powder, sage and thyme whisk to combine.
- Carefully add broth and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. It will thicken a bit if you let it sit off the heat.
- Serve over mashed or boiled potatoes, rice or meat.