Recipe created by Jessica Grossman, MS, RD, LDN
Walnut-Maple Butter with Burdock
Desserts and Baked Goods
- Place the walnuts in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5-7 times to break down the walnuts into small pieces.
- Add the Burdock Root Powder, cinnamon, and cardamom. Blend for 1 minute, stopping occasionally to scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Blend for at least 5 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the side of the bowl. Although the ingredients will look blended and smooth after a minute or so, it takes several minutes for the walnuts’ oils to be pulled-out, which gives the butter the creamy texture.
- Once the butter has been blending for at least 5 minutes, stop the food processor to taste the mixture. Adjust the flavor, adding more sea salt, if needed. Empty the contents of the bowl into a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread the butter on your favorite toast or use as a dip for sliced apples. Keeps refrigerated for several days.