- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ Anaheim or jalapeño pepper, chopped (depending how much spice you like)
- ¼ cup Dr. Cowan’s Garden Winter Squash Powder
- 3 cups broth (chicken, beef or vegetable) or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté chopped bacon in large saucepan over medium-low heat. When cooked, remove from pan and drain off all but about one tablespoon of grease.
- Add chopped onions and chopped peppers to pan and cook till soft.
- Add Winter Squash Powder to sautéed vegetables and stir to combine. Add the broth and whisk to incorporate. (Scrape sides of saucepan with wooden spoon to integrate as much of the Winter Squash Powder as possible.) Add a bit more broth or water if you like a thinner soup. (You can puree it in a blender if you'd like a smoother consistency.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with chopped bacon. Serves two.