1 quart leftover beef stew
4 potatoes, par boiled
2 cups pastry flour
1 tsp sea salt
¾ cup buttermilk
½ cup butter or beef fat (refrigerated)
1 tbsp cream
1 cup cheese, cheddar or Gruyere
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the butter or beef fat and press with a fork until the fat pieces are about the size of a pea. Add the buttermilk and stir until combined and a dough ball forms. Smooth out on a clean countertop and form two dough balls. Refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- Roll the dough balls into circles and put one into the bottom of a pie pan. Poke holes in the dough with a fork. Press into place in order to even out.
- Add filling and cover with the other dough circle.
- Whisk the egg and cream together and brush on top of the dough and then cover with the cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool down before serving.