Poached Fish with Savannah Red Rice
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 pint mushrooms, chopped
1 bulb garlic, smashed and minced
1 celeriac, chopped
Juice of one lemon
1 lbs white fish such as haddock or sea bass
1 pint of chicken bone broth
1 tbsp dried dill
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Leek Powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the butter on medium heat and add the butter. Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, and celeriac. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice and continue to cook. Once the lemon juice has reduced almost completely add the chicken broth and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add the fish. Cook until the carrots and celeriac are soft and cooked through. Do not overcook the fish or stir too much as it will come apart. Add more liquid if necessary.
- Cook Savannah Red rice as directed.
- Serve by pouring a ladleful of chowder over rice and then sprinkling dill and Leek Powder over the top.