- 1 cup coarsely ground polenta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups bone broth (or water)
- 1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Leek Powder
- 2 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pepper Salt, divided
- 1 large bunch of mixed greens, fairly finely chopped
- 1 heaping Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- About 1 cup bone broth (chicken or beef)
- 1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Threefold Blend Powder
- Coconut oil
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan, add polenta to 3 cups broth or water. Stir in Leek Powder and 1 tsp of the Pepper Salt, as well as the butter.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to lowest setting. Whisk regularly for 2 to 3 hours till liquid is absorbed and the polenta is cooked.
- While polenta cooks, melt a heaping Tbsp of coconut oil in a large cast iron over medium heat.
- Add leeks and sauté till soft.
- Add bone broth, chopped greens, the remaining 1 tsp of pepper salt and the Threefold Blend Powder and cook till greens are wilted and the broth has been absorbed. Cover to keep warm till polenta is cooked.
- Spoon polenta into serving bowls, top with braised greens, and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top.