Credit for recipe: Jessica Grosman, registered dietician
- 1 14-oz can black beans (or soaked and cooked black beans), drained & rinsed (reserve bean liquid)
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Three-Beet Powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or more, to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the black beans and 1 Tbsp of reserved bean liquid.
- Pulse several times to break down the beans.
- Add the remaining ingredients and
- process until the mixture is smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of
- the bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more sea salt, if necessary.
- Remove hummus from food processor to a bowl, cover and chill for at least one hour
- before serving to allow flavors to blend and develop.
- Serve hummus with carrot sticks, crackers, chips, or as a spread on a sandwich.