Credit for recipe: Jessica Grosman, registered dietician
- 1 1/3 cup pitted dates
- 2/3 cup sprouted almonds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Three-Beet Powder
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place the dates and almonds into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine and break down the almonds into small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until combined. Stop the machine periodically to scrape down the sides of the bowl. The ingredients are fully combined once they’re a big sticky ball, which might take several minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor to a bowl. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the mixture into 16 equal parts and roll into balls. Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Gently cover the baking pan and chill in the refrigerator for an hour to firm.
- Bring to room temperature to serve. Enjoy as a quick bite after a workout or a sweet afternoon snack.
- Note: To make Raw Cacao-Beet Truffles, roll the room-temperature Energy Bites in a mixture of Three-Beet Powder and raw cacao powder (place 1 Tbsp of each in a small bowl). Chill the truffles on a lined baking sheet and serve cold as a delicious, nourishing dessert.