- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in an omelet pan. Add diced leeks and sauté till the leeks are fragrant and soft (just a few minutes). Add the Fiddlehead Fern Powder and stir.
- Transfer the cooked leeks to a plate and wipe the omelet pan clean with a paper towel.
- Whisk the two eggs together in a bowl with the sea salt.
- Add the other tablespoon of butter to the omelet pan and heat till the sizzling stops but before the butter browns. Add the whisked eggs and start swirling the pan and lifting the cooked edges of the eggs to allow all of the egg mixture to cook.
- Add the leek-Fiddlehead Fern Powder mixture, spreading it out across the width of the pan. Fold the omelet over and plate.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and fresh black pepper, if desired.
- Serves one. Repeat all steps to make a second omelet.