Buttermilk Banana Muffins with Three-Beet Powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup buttermilk or yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Three-Beet Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin or add liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, cream together the butter and coconut oil with the sugar and maple syrup.
- Add the eggs one at a time and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the vanilla and bananas and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with small amounts of buttermilk or yogurt. Continue until you use all of the ingredients.
- Scoop dollops of batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake until golden brown, or about 20 minutes.