Chocolate-Beet Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Dr. Cowan's Three-Beet Powder
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Blend with a hand mixer or by hand until batter is well mixed.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together coconut flour, Three-Beet Powder and cocoa powder. Add to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of dough, form dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Press thumb into center of the dough balls.
- Bake cookies for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips over very low heat. Pour about a teaspoon of melted chocolate carefully into each thumbprint "well." Refrigerate till chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes or so.
- Option: Top each with a dollop of whipped cream sweetened with cinnamon and maple syrup!