- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tbsp butter, soft
- 85g rye flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp beet powder
- Sea salt for top
1. In a heatproof bowl over simmering water melt the chocolate and butter.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, beet powder
, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a hand mixer on low and slowly incorporate the sugar.
4. Turn the mixer on high and whip until tripled in volume.
5. Reduce speed to low and incorporate the chocolate butter mix.
6. Mix to combine and chill for 30-45 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 350 and scoop onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top with extra salt.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes and allow to cool completely.