A delicious recipe for any day of the week! These Black Bean & Leek Tostados are sure to be a hit with the entire family!
- 2-3 Tbsp butter, ghee, coconut oil or lard
- 4 tortillas of your choice
- 2 cups cooked black beans (if using canned, drain most of the liquid)
- 2 tsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Leek Powder (separated)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- Grated cheese of your choice, chopped green onions, salsa (optional)
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter or oil in a small saucepan. Add chopped garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add cooked beans, sea salt and 1 tsp Leek Powder. Stir to combine and remove from heat when warmed through.
- Melt 1 to 2 Tbsp oil in cast-iron skillet. Heat till a drop of water sizzles. Add 1 tortilla and cook a few minutes on each side till slightly golden. Place on paper towels and proceed with the other tortillas.
- Add crème fraîche or sour cream to a small bowl and whisk in 1 tsp Leek Powder. (Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to thin, if needed.)
- Place tortillas on plates. Top with black beans, grated cheese, chopped green onions, a dollop of seasoned crème fraîche or sour cream and salsa (if using). Serve warm.
- Makes 4 tostados.