By Joe Cowan
Director of Operations
Right around this time of year when family and friends are making time to visit, I like to have set meals at breakfast and dinner time. Having a larger meal at the beginning and end of the day is the best way to keep everyone happy and fed as well as out of your kitchen first thing in the morning. It is also a really nice way to start the day and help everyone stay organized. The challenge however is making something simple but hearty enough to keep everyone going throughout the day. Classic breakfast foods are a great way to accomplish this task; easy yet filling and almost universally loved.
Creamy Scrambled Eggs on Toast
- 6 eggs, whisked
1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pepper Salt
1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Leek Powder
- 4 large slices of sourdough bread, toasted and buttered
- In a medium frying pan, add the butter and eggs and turn on the heat (do not preheat the pan). Turn heat to medium – low.
- With a heat proof rubber spatula or wooden spoon stir the eggs in the pan continuously, scraping the bottom of the pan. Continue stirring and scraping until the mixture thickens in the pan.
- Once thick, add the yoghurt and powders. Continue to stir until fully incorporated and the eggs are totally cooked but still creamy.
- Serve over warm sourdough toast.