By Joe Cowan
Director of Operations
Sometimes the best food is the most simple and familiar. Mixing in a very easy dinner into your weekly routine is a great idea. At least a few of our meals every week are very simple and totally manageable even during our busiest days. Easy and manageable do not necessarily preclude delicious. Dressing up your favorite foods with the right ingredients as well as treating it like it is indeed gourmet can make all the difference.
2 lbs of chuck or top roast, ground
1 tbsp buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 tbsp Threefold Blend (Spicy, Savory, or Sweet)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sourdough breadcrumbs
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp butter
1 loaf 20% rye sourdough bread, cut in slices, toasted, and buttered.
Lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese, ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and anything else
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, buttermilk, eggs, Threefold Blend of your choosing, salt, and breadcrumbs. Stir in one consistent direction, clockwise or counterclockwise. (Stirring in the same direction aligns the proteins making the burger stay together better during cooking.)
- In a large frying pan or cast iron skillet, heat on medium until the pan is hot. Meanwhile, form the hamburger mix into patties with a dent in the middle. Once hot, add the ghee and the patties.
- Fry on one side until deep brown and then flip. Add the cheese immediately to the hot side so that it melts. Fry on the other side until golden brown.
- Add the butter to deglaze the bottom of the pan and finish cooking the burgers.
- Add burgers and toppings to bread and serve warm.