By Esther Boateng
Fancy a simple supper that’s tasty, nutritious, and easy to execute? Luckily, this recipe ticks all these boxes.
These chicken tenders live up to their name; they’re tender, succulent, and rich in flavor. For best results, marinade your chicken strips in your favorite marinade, coat them with black or white sesame seeds, or both, and bake them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. The marinade locks in the flavor and keeps your chicken moist and tender as it cooks; serve warm with your favorite vegetables or on its own with a delicious creamy dip such as avocado or artichoke dip.
Too much of a good thing can be boring for your taste buds, and you might want to switch up the seasoning occasionally and try a different combination of flavors, such as a different flavor of the coating. If you get tired of sesame seeds, coat your chicken with toasted and crushed nuts, sprinkle with a different oil to your usual one, and keep this recipe fresh.
- 1 lb. skinless and boneless chicken thighs, sliced into thin strips
1 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden
Threefold Blend Powder (Savory)
1 Tbsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden
2 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden
1/2 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden
- 1/2 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pepper Salt
- 3+ Tbsp. coconut aminos or Worcestershire sauce
- A handful of black or white sesame seeds
3-4 Tbsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden
Black Sesame Seed Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add Threefold Savory powder, Organ-Based Seasoning, Thyme, Turmeric, Pepper Salt, and coconut aminos, and mix until the chicken is well coated.
- Place the chicken strips on a baking sheet, sprinkle on salt and sesame seeds, and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over after 8-10 minutes and bake on the other side.
- Drizzle with Black Sesame Seed Oil and serve warm.