Deviled Eggs with Milk Thistle Oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar (for boiling the eggs)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp. Dr.
Cowan’s Garden Pepper Salt
1/4 tsp. Dr.
Cowan’s Garden Turmeric Powder
1 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s
Garden Milk Thistle Oil
- Paprika for garnish
- Crispy bacon pieces for garnish
- Chives or garlic chives for garnish
Hard boil eggs by placing in a stock pot with cold water and 1 Tbsp. white vinegar. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and let stand in hot water for 13 minutes.
- Run eggs under cold water to stop the cooking process; peel when cold.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out the yokes into a bowl.
- Smash yolks with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, mustards, apple cider vinegar, Pepper Salt, Turmeric Powder, and Milk Thistle Oil. Combine until smooth.
Using a pastry bag, pipe the filling into the egg whites.
- Garnish with paprika, bacon bits and chives.
If you do not have a pastry bag, you can create your own:
• With a quart-size ziplock bag, scoop the filling into the bag.
• Work it into one of the bottom two corners
• Twist the top half of the bag until it is taut.
• Snip a small tip off the bottom corner of the bag.
• Use your hand to squeeze the filling out in steady strokes.