By Esther Boateng
You won’t find any scary ingredients in this sweet treat. With a few clean ingredients such as cacao, almonds, avocadoes, and bananas, you can whip up a decadent desert within minutes. There’s no baking involved; just a few minutes of blending wizardry and you’re good to go. For a more intense chocolatey taste, sometimes I include a bar of chocolate made with 80% cacao or higher; however, this is optional. A good quality cacao powder also does the job. For a healthier version of this recipe, use fermented cacao powder instead of plain cacao, plus a scoop or two of Colostrum powder or good quality protein powder for extra creaminess.
Nutty Cacao Pudding
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pecan Nut Butter
1/4 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Three-Beet Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Parsnip Powder
- 1/2 tsp. allspice or pumpkin spice powder (optional)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 85g plain dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- sweetener to taste
- 3/4 cup Dr. Cowan’s Garden Crispy Sprouted Organic Almonds
- 1 Tbsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Organic Pecan Nut Butter
- 1/1 to 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. colostrum powder or plain protein powder (optional)
- sweetener to taste
- crushed almonds, cacao nibs, or bee pollen to garnish
Cacao Pudding Ingredients:
Almond and Pecan Cream Topping Ingredients:
Cacao Pudding Directions:
Peel the banana.
Add banana, cacao powder, pecan nut butter, three-beet powder, parsnip powder, the flesh of one ripe avocado, allspice, and melted chocolate to a high-speed food processor.
Blend for 2-3 minutes until you get a smooth paste.
Add more sweetener if necessary.
Almond and Pecan Cream Topping Directions:
Add all the ingredients to a high-speed food processor and blend for approximately 1-2 minutes or until you get a smooth consistency. Start with half a cup of water for a thicker cream, and add up to 1 cup of water for a more liquid consistency.
Serve on top of cacao pudding and add garnish of choice.