Pumpkin Baked Brown Rice
- 1 small ripe pie pumpkin, top cut out and scooped
1 cup Dr. Cowan’s Garden Organic Charleston Gold Aromatic Brown Rice
- 1 lbs sausages, uncased or bulk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Threefold Blend (Slightly Sweet) Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, add the ghee and the sausage and brown, chopping with a wooden spoon until the sausage is in small pieces.
- Add the leek, carrot, and garlic and continue to cook stirring continuously. Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth and add the Threefold Blend Sweet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the rice and stir until totally combined. Put the mixture into the pumpkin and put the pumpkin top back on. Put the pumpkin into a pan on a piece of parchment paper. Serve warm with Parmesan cheese.