Roasted Curried Cauliflower With Raita
- 4 cups organic cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets (approximately one large head, or two small)
3 Tbsp. Dr.
Cowan’s Garden A2/A2 Ghee, melted
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp. garam masala
tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Turmeric Powder
tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Threefold Blend Powder (Spicy)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Candied Almonds* (see recipe below)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup golden raisins
1 tsp. Dr.
Cowan’s Garden Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
Raita* (see recipe below)
of Dr. Cowan’s Garden Organic Almonds, roughly chopped
Dr. Cowan’s Garden A2/A2 Ghee
- 4 Tbsp. organic sugar, plus 1 Tbsp.
- 3/4 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt or Fleur de sel
- 3/4 cup organic plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and finely diced cucumber
1 1/2 Tbsp. finely minced red onion
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
tsp. Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2-3 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2-3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pepper Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prepare mise en place (gather all ingredients together).
Heat an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (convection) or 425 degrees Fahrenheit (standard oven).
Prepare the Candied Almonds (*see recipe below); set aside.
Measure the raisins and set aside.
In a small container, combine salt and spices and set aside.
In a medium bowl, toss cauliflower with melted ghee. Combine until cauliflower is well coated.
Sprinkle with 75% of the spice and salt mixture. Toss well.
Taste a raw piece of spiced cauliflower. If you would like more spice, add the rest.
On a lined large sheet pan, evenly distribute the cauliflower.
Roast for 10 minutes.
Toss well and roast for an additional 5 minutes.
Add the raisins and Candied Almonds.
Roast for another 2-3 minutes.
Drizzle with 1 tsp. Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil.
Serve with Raita** (see recipe below)
- In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp. sugar and 3/4 tsp. salt; set aside.
- Melt ghee over medium heat in a 10-inch nonstick skillet.
Add almonds and 4 Tbsp. sugar, and stir constantly until almonds are slightly dark golden brown.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with some of the salt/sugar combination.
- After cooling, break apart into candied almond pieces.
- Combine all ingredients except fresh herbs into a bowl and mix well.
- Taste and then add salt and pepper accordingly. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Just prior to service, add the cilantro and mint.
- Garnish with herbs and a sprinkling of vegetable powder.