Recipe created by Jessica Grossman, MS, RD, LDN
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 tesp sea salt, or more, to taste
- 2 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Threefold Blend Powder (Savory)
- Toss chickpeas and carrots together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Into the bowl of a small food processor or blender, add 1 cup parsley, the olive oil, lemon
- juice, tahini, sea salt and Dr. Cowan’s Garden Threefold Blend Powder. Blend until
- smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Taste for
- seasoning, add more salt, if desired.
- Pour dressing over chickpea-carrot mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for an
- hour, to allow the flavors to blend.
- To serve, arrange salad in a bowl or shallow platter and top with remaining 1/2 cup
- chopped parsley. This salad is delicious served over room-temp quinoa or your favorite grain.
- Makes 3 to 4 side-dish servings.