1 butternut squash, chopped into ½” cubes
1 onion, chopped
1 bulb of garlic, smashed and chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 lb of spinach
2 sprigs of thyme leaves
2 tbsp butter
2 quarts of chicken bone broth
1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Kale powder
1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Ashitaba powder
1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Leek powder
½ cup heavy cream
Salt to taste
Chives as garnish
- In a heavy bottom soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the fresh vegetables except for the spinach. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the squash is cooked through. Stirring periodically.
- Add the powders and thyme and continue to cook.
- Add the broth and cover with a lid and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach and salt to taste. Using an immersion blender, blender, or food processor blend until thick and smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and salt and stir to combine. Serve warm.