- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Carrot Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Leek Powder
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 2 cups bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot on medium heat, add the butter, onions and garlic. Sauté till soft. Add the ground beef and, breaking it into chunks, cook till no longer pink.
- Add the spices and powders and stir to combine. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, the beans, bone broth and chopped zucchini. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, till zucchini is soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove lid and cook another 45 minutes or so till chili thickens and flavors combine.
- Serve with raw, grated cheddar cheese or a dollop of crème fraiche.