- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Turmeric Powder
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 boned and skinned chicken breast
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil over medium heat and add rice, carrots, celery and onion. Add broth or water and cover.
- Cut ginger into small pieces and add to pot, along with the Turmeric Powder. Cover again.
- Let cook over low to medium heat for 30 minutes. If soup starts to boil, reduce heat.
- Cut chicken into small chunks and add to soup. Add coconut milk and cook for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add salt to taste and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6 people.