Cashew-Coconut and Beet Granola
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut - preferably thick flakes
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped sprouted cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Three-Beet Powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add oats, coconut, ground flax seed and cashews to a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, Three-Beet Powder and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and toss to coat. Pour onto the lined baking sheet and press down with the back of a spoon. Keep the ingredients touching each other in a 1/2”-deep layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Gently break the oats into chunks (using a spoon) and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, undisturbed, to room temperature. Transfer granola to an airtight container if not eating immediately.
- Serve granola with yogurt, fruit, as a topping for a salad, or on its own.
- recipe yields 8-10 servings
- granola keeps well, in an airtight container, for up to 2 weeks
- replace cashews with another sprouted nut or seed, if desired