- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (not shredded coconut)
- 2 cups almonds, preferably sprouted (or, 1 cup sprouted cashews and 1 cup sprouted almonds), chopped
- 1 cup sprouted walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Ashitaba Powder
- ½ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp raisins (or goji berries or cacao nibs)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 5 to 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flakes, all nuts, Ashitaba Powder, pepitas, sesame seeds, flaxseed powder, raisins, salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla to a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to combine when the oil is melted. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients, and stir till fully incorporated.
- Spread the granola on the baking sheet in one layer. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the granola is golden. Toss once halfway through cooking. Let cool in the pan; it will harden as it cools.
- Transfer to a sealable glass container. It will last a month if kept out of direct sunlight.