- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 rounded cup of Dr. Cowan's Garden Turmeric Powder
- 1-inch knob of fresh ginger, rinsed and sliced thin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- Add the water to a stainless steel or glass saucepan and add all ingredients except the coconut oil and honey. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to very low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture though a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl.
- Add coconut oil to another bowl and pour warm turmeric mixture over the oil. Whisk till coconut oil melts. Add honey and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar with lid and refrigerate. Shake to combine ingredients before using.
- Makes about 2 cups.
To make Golden Milk:
- Warm 1 cup of milk of your choice in a saucepan over low heat till steaming.
- Add 4 Tbsp Golden Milk 'starter' and whisk to combine. Enjoy!