Piquant Pesto Pasta Salad
- 3 cups cooked pasta of choice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup pesto of choice (plus more for later)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pepper Salt
1/2 tsp. Dr.
Cowan’s Garden Wild Ramp Powder
2 tsp. Dr. Cowan’s
Garden Organic Five Seed Oil Blend
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian parsley, freshly chopped, plus 1 Tbsp. for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gather and prep the mise en place (gathering everything in place).
- Cook pasta in well-salted boiling water until al dente (too the tooth).
- Immediately rinse pasta in cold water to stop cooking, drain.
- Toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil (to prevent sticking).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine pesto, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, onion, Pepper Salt, Wild Ramp, Organic Five Seed Oil Blend, white balsamic vinegar, feta cheese and 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley.
- Add the pasta to the pesto sauce and toss well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- The pasta soaks up the pesto and oil and may dry out in the refrigerator over time. Feel free to refresh the salad with more pesto, seed oil, or balsamic vinegar (according to your taste buds) before serving.