- 1 quart bone broth plus 1 cup, preferably chicken
- 3 medium or 6 small potatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Leek Powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter or ghee in a large saucepan. Add diced onion and cook till soft and fragrant. Remove to a small bowl.
- Peel and chop potatoes into large chunks. Add bone broth to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add potatoes to the broth and simmer, covered, till potatoes are soft.
- Add the cooked onions to the cooked potatoes in the saucepan. Mash together with a potato masher. Add Leek Powder and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Serve warm. (Soup will be chunky. Add a little water or more broth to thin, if needed.)
- Top with chopped parsley, or a dollop of crème fraîche or sour cream.