Spiced Meatballs Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pumpkin (or Winter Squash) Powder
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Threefold Blend Powder
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 serrano or jalepeño pepper, finely chopped
Curry Gravy Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, divided
- 3/4 cup broth, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pumpkin (or Winter Squash) Powder
- 2 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Dr. Cowan’s Garden Pepper Salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Sprigs of fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees while you mix all of the meatball ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Slightly oil your hands and roll the mixture into 2-inch balls and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan on high.
- Add the curry ingredients to the warm pan using only half of the liquid at this time.
- Allow the spices and liquid to simmer for 5 minutes before adding meatballs to the pan.
- Braise the meatballs in the curry, turning occasionally, for 8 to12 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining milk and broth, pour over the meatballs and place the pan directly into your preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Add more liquid to the pan midway through cooking if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with cooked rice, if desired.
See also: Sally's Pumpkin Pie Recipe
More from: recipe